Wednesday, June 9, 2010

What's the deal?

Well it has been two months since I last updated this blog. I cannot believe how being a mother of two changes things. We are loving life right now. Every day holds challenges along with very precious moments. The girls love each other so much. Bailey can't hardly stand not to touch Reece, and no one gets Reece to smile bigger or laugh harder than Bailey. It is so neat to watch. Bailey has been very sweet lately telling everyone that she loves them soooo much. Nothing brightens my day more than a little hug around my knee and a sweet smile followed by Mommy I love you sooo much! I wish I could capture that sweetness forever. Reece's smiles are the other thing that melts my heart. I can be busy doing something and walk by her and she gives you this smile that just says "Oh mommmy I love you and please pick me up or, play with me." It makes me stop every time and spend a few minutes or just a few seconds interacting with her. I just wish I had a little more one-on-one time with each of the girls sometimes. Bailey has quite the vocabulary these days and I wish I had a tape recorder for all the funny things she says. She keeps everyone laughing. Some of my favorites are "Not quite yet" "Hold me just a little bit" "What's the deal?" "Daddy has an attitude" "Excuse me Mommy" "Be nice" "Don't talk with food in your mouth" "Knife, fork, poon". I could go on but it would take me forever. Reece's current mode of conversation is growling and a sort of deep guttural yell. She growls like a little bear cub, especially when she wants something that is just out of reach. The yelling started last night when she was getting tired and was really really whiny, I kinda went AAAAghhhhhh to her and she started doing it back at me. It was pretty funny, and she did it so long that she started getting hoarse and was coughing. I would have thought she was just mad but she would stop and smile in between yells. She is a little over 4 months now and weighs 14lbs 5oz. She has only rolled over a few times in her crib when no one was watching and once when there was a witness. She is trying very hard but keeps getting hung up on her arm. I think she will be sitting up before she masters the rolling thing though, she loves to sit up and is starting to sit unassisted with the Boppy around her. She started her cereal this month and has not taken to it as quickly as Bailey did, but she is starting to come around to it. Oh, since I didn't update after Bailey was in Ryan's wedding, Bailey was a beautiful little flower girl and did an excellent job. Her favorite part however was the "party" (reception) where she danced on the dance floor until 10 o'clock when everyone else had already left. She keeps telling us she wants to go to another party. I see dance lessons in the near future! Sorry this is so long but I have a hard time condensing information. Hope to see everyone this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers